PDA

View Full Version : Only Eyes shown on Render

jake1002
11-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, Im VERY new to Maya, I was shown by my dad infact yesterday, but i am animating.. and i wanted to see how it looked, so I set my render options and pressed "Batch Render" However, when rendering was complete, all i could see were the eyes of my character. (I downloaded this simple character from the internet).

Any ideas?

djx
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi jake. There are so many possible reasons for this so I'm just going to have a stab in the dark (pun intended) and ask "are there lights in this scene?".

Other things you can check are the shaders. Are they mentalray? If so you must render with mentalray, not software.

And render stats for your character. Do the surfaces have primary visibility on?

Problem solving and maya go hand in hand.

Did you try rendering another scene? - maybe just a sphere with a single directional light. Try to determine if the problem is something about your system config or just that scene you downloaded.

And so on...

-- David

lazzhar
11-09-2008, 05:11 AM
Also it may be caused by the textures that are assigned to the character. Usually this happens when you import a model from another computer/location where paths are set differently.
Check first if the character comes with its textures then try to give Maya the right location where you downloaded them.

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2008, 05:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.