PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Salvation Featurette: Must See!

DavidWeinstein
11-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Hurry and check it out before it's taken down!

Click Here (http://digitalapprentice.net/Community/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=120&func=view&id=1585&catid=18)

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4744/t4featurettemlainglg0.jpg

SePu
11-08-2008, 10:00 AM
looks very nice ..... thx for the link

AikoWorld
11-08-2008, 12:01 PM
That looks amazing! Cant wait till the summer :)

Boone
11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
VFX wise this looks very promising. Big robots doing their building-smashing-thing is right up my street. And they also have big-ass guns!:bounce:

TheANIMAL
11-08-2008, 05:21 PM
It's already looking better than Terminator 3, but i still doubt it'll live up to T1&2.

I'm hoping for the best.

gotsds
11-08-2008, 05:23 PM
big robot ,is this transformers or teminator

charleyc
11-08-2008, 06:09 PM
big robot ,is this transformers or teminator

Who cares, its big robots :D

Actually, this does look promising. I wasn't abhorred with t3, but it was nowhere near the first two. I think this is too far away from the idea of a single, unstoppable machine hunting down its target in the midst of the real world to be too reminiscent of the original two. But it still looks like it could be a cool film.

jeremybirn
11-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I didn't think T3 was bad. The governor said "this one's for the fans" and I think he was right: people who really loved t1 and t2 got more of a similar film. The visual effects were good (although not as envelope-pushing as they had been in t2), they had some good chase scenes, and they had the boy grow up into more of a leading man position.

Now the franchise has the bigger task of making the 3 films that essentially connect the ending of Terminator 3 up to the beginning of Matrix 1. Whatever they do next summer, they've already got my $9.

-jeremy

kelgy
11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I think they did about as good a job with Terminator 3 as they could do without Cameron. Wish it had been a bit more epic in scope, especially at the military base, but the character interactions were sufficient. I liked that he was less of a kid friendly superhero in it, and more stoic like in the first.

Its hard for me to consider a terminator film without the Governator in it..unless there is a lot of endoskeletons walking around.

Array
11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
When Dark Knight came out, I was just as excited to see the new Terminator trailer as I was to see the main attraction. After seeing this, I'm a bit more apprehensive...."Come with me if you want to live?" T-600 stepping on a skull? Can we PLEASE move beyond the cliches? McG is taking something which has the potential to be a fantastic and serious action flick, and is instead injecting elements which are just downright comical.

cresshead
11-08-2008, 07:45 PM
good clip, looking forward to seeing it on the big screen soon

rblitz7
11-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Looks great, any idea on who's doing the effects? also I have to agree you, Array, the skull crushing at the end was extremely corny and out of place. The "come with me if you want to live" wasn't that bad, I could deal with that but the skull thing was too much. Hopefully these two things are the only references to the past terminator movies.

Daniel-B
11-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I believe ILM is doing the effects. I could be wrong though.

Boone
11-08-2008, 11:24 PM
When Dark Knight came out, I was just as excited to see the new Terminator trailer as I was to see the main attraction. After seeing this, I'm a bit more apprehensive...."Come with me if you want to live?" T-600 stepping on a skull? Can we PLEASE move beyond the cliches? McG is taking something which has the potential to be a fantastic and serious action flick, and is instead injecting elements which are just downright comical.

Whilst I totally dig the robot stuff shown so far, I do have to agree with the cliches. The cliches in the new Starwars prequels got on my bloody nerves as well. :banghead:

danshewan
11-09-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm not overly keen on the motorcycle terminator concept - a little gimmicky, in my opinion. I like the T-600 design, though - quite a convincing predecessor for the 'classic' endoskeleton, and should have plenty of stage presence on screen.

Thanks for posting.

STANER
11-09-2008, 11:13 AM
This movie will be PG-13 :cry:

WAR+TERMINATOR's should be only strong R:deal:

Boone
11-09-2008, 11:37 AM
This movie will be PG-13 :cry:

WAR+TERMINATOR's should be only strong R:deal:

Quoted for agreement. This is also why the first film is much better than any of the sequels - the Terminator has to be something that you are frightened of. When the Terminator murders the "punks" at the start of the film, you know that it takes what it wants without batting an eye-lid. If you dont outrun it you are in deep shit - and thats even with a body guard at your side! You need the same kind of feeling that you get when a bird-eating spider snatches a rodent. If the rodent doesnt put enough distance between itself and the spider then its over in less than a heartbeat. You cant effectively present a scene like that in a PG.

Seven
11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
'come with me if you want to live'

I am stick and tired of stupid directors, script writers and producers who have zero imagination! This film has just lost the tiny amount of credibility it once had.

Not only did we have to endure the utter insult to cinema that was T3.. now T4

Veehoy
11-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Quote: "In this movie wewe actually got ten new terminators." Yup, its time to slaughter another franchise with yet another SFX-masturbation flick. My god, what happened to good old-fashioned storywriting?

angel
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Quote: "In this movie wewe actually got ten new terminators." Yup, its time to slaughter another franchise with yet another SFX-masturbation flick. My god, what happened to good old-fashioned storywriting?

yep, that made me cringe... I had high hopes for this film but it just faded a bit with this 10 terminators... a motorcycle terminator? while I love motorcycles I think that was cheesy and most likely overkill. I can imagine what the execs meeting was like: "hey what made the previous films great?" the story? no, it wasn't the story it was the Terminator! let's put ten more, people will like this film 10 times better than the others! ugh.

cresshead
11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
it's not out yet..so plenty of time for a harsh edit and some cg to hit the cutting room floor.
terminator motor bikes...seems dumb idea..but they might pull it off.

it all hangs on the script/directing/acting and editing....

kelgy
11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Terminator 1 was also the funniest.

"Hey buddy, you got a dead cat in there or what?"

POSSIBLE RESPONSES:

YES

NO

OR WHAT?

PLEASE COME BACK LATER

Venkman
11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
yep, that made me cringe... I had high hopes for this film but it just faded a bit with this 10 terminators... a motorcycle terminator? while I love motorcycles I think that was cheesy and most likely overkill.

There are "people" terminators, tank terminators, and flying/hovercraft terminators, so I don't see the issue with motorcylces. Is it because in the past, terminators have been the slow but steady "Jason" type villain? They never seem like they are in a hurry, because they'll catch up to you sometime?

marcinwuu
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm just curious to see what happens when this motorbike terminator falls down - ought to happen from time to time what with all the roads being war-damaged - and from what I saw these termibikers are build around a speeder rather than offroad...
the idea just strikes you as silly...

kelgy
11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I didnt have confidence as soon as I heard someone using the name McG was directing.
I want directors who have real names, not abbreviations.
If he isnt comfortable with his real name, then I am not comfortable with his directing.:scream:

There's a rumor that they are going to cut and paste a 3d head of AS onto someone's body(they said the same thing about Alec Guinness before Phantom Menace..this could be a Snopes urban legend story "the pasted head" rumor).

I could see it being quite convincing especially if he remains stoic with little face movement or talking(and if his face is supposed to be more rubbery).

I think the motorcycle is jarring. It doesnt seem as militarily effective as tanks or hovercrafts. Strictly in there to sell a new toy I imagine.

Array
11-10-2008, 12:06 AM
I didnt have confidence as soon as I heard someone using the name McG was directing.
I want directors who have real names, not abbreviations.
If he isnt comfortable with his real name, then I am not comfortable with his directing.:scream:

There's a rumor that they are going to cut and paste a 3d head of AS onto someone's body(they said the same thing about Alec Guinness before Phantom Menace..this could be a Snopes urban legend story "the pasted head" rumor).

I could see it being quite convincing especially if he remains stoic with little face movement or talking(and if his face is supposed to be more rubbery).

I think the motorcycle is jarring. It doesnt seem as militarily effective as tanks or hovercrafts. Strictly in there to sell a new toy I imagine.

I don't necessarily think that the motorcycles are all that bad. Imagine where, in a post apocalyptic world, there are still workable roads crisscrossing the country and all former metropolitan centers. A motorbike presents a cheap, resource wise, construct which could quickly and efficiently navigate the terrain as a sort of "scout" unit. Say there are some resistance members scavanging through the ruins of of LA, when suddenly they hear the ominous roar of motorbike engines echoing off of tall buildings in the distance. This would create a sense of tension, as in "trouble is coming, time to go", as these bikes could potentially alert bigger, badder, terminators to the presence of intruders. Just brainstorming though ;)

Laa-Yosh
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM

I am stick and tired of stupid directors, script writers and producers who have zero imagination!

As I've heard, the young guy who says that is actually Kyle Reese...

SmallPoly
11-10-2008, 08:32 PM

I am stick and tired of stupid directors, script writers and producers who have zero imagination!

I think it's perfectly fine to throw in a couple references to the previous movies if it works for the scene and makes the fanboys happy..as long as they limit it to just a couple. I like it better though when those kind of references are hidden in the scenery but not acknowledged by the characters.

danshewan
11-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't necessarily think that the motorcycles are all that bad. Imagine where, in a post apocalyptic world, there are still workable roads crisscrossing the country and all former metropolitan centers. A motorbike presents a cheap, resource wise, construct which could quickly and efficiently navigate the terrain as a sort of "scout" unit.

That could be quite cool, though I think my main issue with the whole concept of them is the makers' insistence on calling everything a terminator, when it clearly isn't.

After all, nobody called the HK's terminators in the first film, and the actual terminators themselves were just one type of unit within the larger Skynet arsenal (and Reese even specifies early on in the first film that terminators were exclusively restricted to infiltration missions). Not only does calling all the robots terminators sound lame (motorbike terminators! submarine terminators! smoothie maker terminators!), but it could actually be more interesting to get away from the idea of the lone, hulking endoskeleton pursuing the protagonists, and explore the range and depth of what a supposedly-perfect AI could conceive and construct to wipe us out. After all, it was always the war against the machines, not just the war against the terminators.

I know it's just semantics, but it's obviously enough to raise a groan from me and a fair few others, too. Despite this, I'm still definitely psyched to see this and have been since I heard Bale was playing Connor. I think he's definitely one of the few mainstream A-listers that could pull off the role and stay faithful to the character.

vfx
11-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Just come across this too - don't think it's been linked to yet..

http://io9.com/5081729/terminator-4-concept-art-shows-half-breed-robo-killers

Loving the big heavy and almost slightly mummified T600!!

Venkman
11-11-2008, 12:23 AM

I am stick and tired of stupid directors, script writers and producers who have zero imagination! This film has just lost the tiny amount of credibility it once had.

In all of the Terminator movies, the good guy has always said that line (or some variation). That's what made T2 so powerful in one scene- if you didn't get anything spoiled by trailers or other movie goers, to have a Terminatror say Reese's first words to Sarah Connor gave it more clout. In T3, John Connor says it, which may suggest that his Dad picks it up from him- in the future.

In a series all about time travel, having consistent little threads like that has been entertaining to me. :)

They simply must save "I'll be back" for Ahnuld, though. That's the law! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2008, 12:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.