PDA

View Full Version : 1st compositing attempt

Raven_TK
04-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Gimme some C&C, don't worry about my feeling ;)

Movie Here! (http://raven.fire-storm.net/renders/missile-flight.avi)

BTW, sorry about the lack of fancy compression :shame:

[edit: I just noticed my host is down :( Maybe It'll work in a few hours... Here is a little shot it anyways. (see below)]

Raven_TK
04-29-2002, 12:30 PM
Piccy

Maxx3D
04-29-2002, 12:32 PM
Great Job Raven, thats some very cool stuff!
You could put some character models in a real scene with live actors that way!
ehehe

Keep up the Great Work Bro! :)

MDB101
04-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Hey that is awesome! keep up the good work!...I wanna see destruction!

Raven_TK
04-30-2002, 12:48 AM
yay! It's up!

Henrik Hörlin
04-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Woah!
Nice but I´m going to pour some rain on your parade here a bit.

1) The background image is 1-2 pixels smallel than your missiles shot. the smoke is outside the picture...:hmm:

2) With that glearing sun above they seem to be somewhat well lit on the underside... :hmm: They would look more like silluetes when they pass the sun.

3) Small thing, The smoketrail IMO shuld not disepate that quickly. Make it grow into a cone where the largest thickness is 1,5 of the thickness that you have now. (in frame)

Great work, keep it up!

Henrik Hörlin
04-30-2002, 01:08 AM
Hey! you cheated! Those aren´t real particles! :p

You just made a length of smoke attached to the missile it self. Clever! But when you look closley you can see that the smoke is traveling along WITH the missile. The concept of a missile is that the smoke is ejected at high speeds pushing the missile forward. At least the smokeparticles shuld stay in place once ejected or travel backwards in a de-celerating manner.

Just love to nit-pic on things like this. Hope you like it!:p

Raven_TK
04-30-2002, 06:43 AM
They are actually particles, and they are animated, I'm still tweaking the smoke to make it look right ;)

RE background image: its off of a MiniDV camera, its actually cut off by the TV so its just extra space you only get to see in the computer ;)

I'm going to try and darken the missiles now, should look cool.

And my parade likes the rain :wavey:

ACFred
04-30-2002, 08:02 AM
Hey there,

I thought the same thing Henrik did. The particles really look like they're just a sprite being pulled behind the model. I'd increase the rate (particles/second) while decreasing the overall lifespan of the particles. Add a bit of turbulence and randomness to the particle rate and lifespan.

Also, add a transparency gradient to the particles so they seem to fade away during their lifespan rather than just popping off of the screen.

I'm making these suggestions using Maya terminology, but you should be able to get the gist and translate it into whatever package you used to create your 3D stuff.

I do like the matchmoving as well as the spotlight you have representing the bright sun. Nice touch.

Is this supposed to represent the view as seen from a person or a camera tracking the missiles? If it's supposed to be a camera, you might think of throwing in some *no, don't say it!* lense flare. This is the appropriate time to do so in order to simulate a camera lense, even professional grade.

Let's see the next version! It's looking good!

Alec

Henrik Hörlin
04-30-2002, 04:59 PM
I just noticed another litle thing... :D
Unless the missiles have just been launched they shuld pass OVER the trees right? Right now they might pass through them but it dosn´t look it. :(
Keep it up! composeting is hard stuff man, I would not dare try it. You are brave.::)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.