PDA

View Full Version : Painter X Script question

DionSocia
11-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I've been working on a project that I'm trying to use scropts for. What I'm trying to do is create an illustration then play it back as a movie. Im able to do all this, however the script file plays back almost instantaniously. I really need it to play at much closer to real time. Is there a way to slow down the playback?
Any and all help is very much appreciated.

sand dragon
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I have not tried it, but there is a delay command, however, it simply pauses the script for a user defined number of seconds;

delay <seconds>

In this case, the number of seconds must be an integer. e.g for a 2 second delay;

delay <2>

I don't think this would help you too much though, as you would need possibly hundreds of these separate commands dispersed throughout your script, and the minimum delay per command would be 1 second (export script as a text file, add delay command lines and insert delay periods before importing script back into Painter).

The problem is that when the scripting feature was initially developed years ago, processor speed was comparatively very slow, so as a consequence, the script playback speed reflected this. Unfortunately, Painter's scripting feature has hardly been updated since.

I believe one technique could be to give your processor other tasks whilst playing back the script, but that may or may not work.

There are screen movie capture applications available which can record everything you do on your screen, so that may be your best option.

David

DionS
11-07-2008, 07:56 PM
David, thank you for your reply. I appreciate the time.

I was thinking the same about processor speeds.

I do have some screen capture options, but, I tend to zoom in and out a fair amount and would like the resulting video to not show that.

Thanks again for the reply.

Dion

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2008, 07:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.