PDA

View Full Version : Whats vue 7 REALLY like?

videofxuniverse
11-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Ok There have been many discussions on the price and what e-on claim vue 7 to be, but has anyone actually got hold of it yet and could they give a real opinion on it.

I was always fooled by the vue 6 presentation video where it "claimed" to be fast and "perfect" intergration between other programs. Yet we all know this was just a sales pitch and hardly true.

Fast? - Only on an ilm spec pc with 20 render farms

Easy intergration with other 3d programs? - I have never seen soo many posts about xstream with people completly confused how to intergrat it and others saying its unstable and crashes a lot.

So is vue 7 as fast as they claim it to be or is this another sales lie? Does it have lots of bugs that should have been picked up in the testing phase? and any other pro-con comments. Come on people lets hear the real story from the people and not the company trying to sell it with fabricating advertisment

metabog
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Dave I Just installed it yesterday and haven't really done a lot wilth it yet. I did open up a scene I'd set up in Vue 6 with the main camera aimed into the shaded area of a covered but open air patio. I had it set up for gloabal radiosity and the scene rendered much more quickly in Vue 7 than it had in Vue 6. Also noticed that the scene rendered "bucket style". At that point it was late and I was pooped out from my previousl late election night which we had over here on this side of the pond so I retired for the evening. As I explore more in depth I'll stay in touch with you on this thread.

videofxuniverse
11-06-2008, 05:52 PM
thank you for your opinion so far. Like i said i would much prefer the opinions of the people rather than the company selling it

Mike.H
11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
no need to repeat myself so im just linking to an onggoing thread were we early adopters are posting both test renders and opinions.

to sum it up, my opinion is that its much faster then vue6, especialy if youre using gr indoor renders and it certainly (on windows atleasT) is alot, lot more robust and stable then vue6.

cg talk thread, early vue7 opinions (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=162&t=692054)

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.