PDA

View Full Version : action source from one model to the other

DracoDralion
11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
This is what I did so far:

I made a hand controlled by sliders. I used “link with” for the rotations of the bones, which gives a l_fcv([slider name]) function. I make action sources from them, by doing Store > Marked Parameters – All Sources. These sources are used in the mixer. This was all done under the scene root. So far so good, everything works.

Now the problem is, I want is hand under a new model, together with the actual action source (makes it easy to export). I made a model called “hand”, with the hand parented underneath it. I also copied the action sources under this new model. I made action clips on the mixer of the new hand model, but it doesn’t work.

I think I know what the problem is though, but I don’t see a simple solution, other then restarting the whole thing. This is what I think it is; When I look at the value in the source of the action sources it says l_fcv([slider name]). I assume that this should be l_fcv(Hand.[slider name]), with Hand the name of the model. When I put it there manually it still doesn’t work. This would be, I guess, because XSI sees this as a new function.

I hope this question is clear. If you know how to solve this, I would be forever thankful, cause I don’t feel like redoing everything again.

CGTalk Moderation
11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.