PDA

View Full Version : Sign This Petition To Autodesk Please!

Baltazaar
11-05-2008, 05:22 AM
(Posted on behalf of the admin at XSI Planet)

SIGN THIS PETITION TO AUTODESK PLEASE!

http://www.petitiononline.com/as2011/

greyface
11-07-2008, 01:48 AM
You'd think someone fluent in english would be designated to write something like this, if it's gonna be taken seriously..

Baltazaar
11-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Hence the parenthesis in my post... :p

But, I'll support it. Maybe it will be taken seriously just because of that! It's from a human!
:twisted:

cresshead
11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
i can understand why...softimage has a good brand name but
if you look at autodesk they consistantly do not keep old names of companies
such as Kaydara [motion builder] or alias [studio tools, sketchbook pro, maya]
discreet, kinetix etc... so the prospect doesn't look good.

maybe a strong petition could sway them this time.

bottom line is xsi users hope to have xsi developed under autodesk and not moth balled
in r & d...the name is not HUGE...and you know it'll be Autodesk xsi 2009

anyhow good luck on this

steve g

ThE_JacO
11-08-2008, 06:45 AM
for studio they -did- keep the name alias, as they did for discreet stuff for the longest time, which they actually bought and replaced the internal brand name kinetix with.

cresshead
11-08-2008, 09:39 AM
the only product to survive name wise is autodesk alias studio
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=6871131&siteID=123112

so it's possible that xsi could be named>
autodesk softimage xsi 2009

carlostelevida
11-08-2008, 10:10 PM
autodesk XSI 2009

it would be a kick right in the nuts.

i hope dont have to see it.

damn, what the money make some times is unbelievable

pentool
11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Also, if you really serious about such a petition, have a decency to sign your full name. If I'd get a petition signed by "zuza" and "joe" not to mention "hchs", I'd just simply put it in the trash.

I mean, are you kiddin' me?

Baltazaar
11-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Also, if you really serious about such a petition, have a decency to sign your full name. If I'd get a petition signed by "zuza" and "joe" not to mention "hchs", I'd just simply put it in the trash.

I mean, are you kiddin' me?

When I see this in perspective I totally agree. I was a bit upset at the time, so I signed it, but as mentioned, it's not my creation...

XminusOne
11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
This is the most ridiculous petition i've ever read, seriously. So, changing a logo and a name of a software would make you stop using that particular piece of software? That's what I got from that, and if that's the case, pathetic. You can call it poopstick for all I care, as long as it works.

GaryDXD
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
What makes anyone think they are going to change the name and logo?????

Flame is still Flame
Mudbox is still Mudbox
Max is still Max

They will however change to XSI 2009 etc. I guarantee it. Which actually just makes sense. So guard you nuts.

o0ORiggsO0o
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Changing a name does not change the software, What you do with it does. AutoDesk Will change the name Of course, but who cares a name is just a name, think of it as a small update , or an upgrade, not eveyone is happy with those some times. So whats with a name.

NOTHING........

I think I'm going to call my wrenchs, screwdrivers from now on.......

joshone
11-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I think it goes without saying that the name of a piece of software does not change the software in itself, so I am not sure why that keeps coming up. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

I think it's more of a "We like the name. We are used to the name. Let see if there is something at all that we can do to keep the name", sort of deal. So that leaves at least three options:

1) Those who want to keep the name can take whatever measures are reasonable to make that known.

2) Those who don't care if the name changes or stays the same could sit back relax and take whatever they have coming - either way they should be satisfied, right?

3) Those who want to change the name can take whatever measures are reasonable to make that known.

Last thing: I think the name of something is kind of important. Especially after people get used to the name. It make not relate really to this matter, but imagine "Disney World" becoming "Family Funtastic Land". Granted it may have the same attractions but, come on, it's called Family Funtastic Land! :)

To quote that dude from Groundhog Day: "Am I right, or am I right, am I right, am I right...?"

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2008, 11:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.