PDA

View Full Version : Mb Scripting???

Mike Pauza
06-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Just ordered MB and wondered if scripting is possible?

Besides character animation, I want to start working on "physics based rigs" to simulate a variety of materials using bones.

-Mike Pauza :)

Triple G
06-13-2003, 06:13 AM
I'm not too far along with the program yet, but I know there are expressions (constraints) that you can set up to create relationships between different items. As far as something like MEL scripting, I don't think Motionbuilder has anything that robust...not yet, anyway. I could be wrong, but I think I remember Michel Besner saying something about including something along these lines in a future release...?

Michel Besner
06-13-2003, 11:44 AM
We are getting more demand for scripting but for the moment, your best solutions would be to look at the expression tool (excel-like interface), that might help you ....

M.

Mike Pauza
06-13-2003, 04:38 PM
WOW...thanks for responding Michel (you too Triple G)!

Yeah, I should be able to do some sparse stuff using a spreadsheet-like interface. That will work fine for now, but scripting would be extremely usefull down the road so I hope that's on your development list. While I have your ear Michel, let me also say If you're thinking about scripting, being able to actually compile the scripts so they run as fast as possible would be a big plus to folks who want to push your software to the extreme. :)

BTW, Your product support is mind boggling Michel...thanks!

-Mike Pauza

Cman
06-13-2003, 05:13 PM
I LOVE that excel based expressions!!
It's so easy!!!!!

Motionbuilder is an outstanding piece of software.
I would also like to put in my vote for some scripting.

Thanks.

CurtisG
06-26-2003, 02:42 AM
Hey guys,

Relation Constraints are also quite powerful, and present a 'visual scripting' type interface, similar to Eddy or Shake.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.