PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 2 Demo problem !?

altered
06-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Hello,

I have downloaded the try out version of combustion and i have a big problem with particule. I'm able to reach the particule options but the viewport disappear and when i try to draw an emitter the soft freeze :S.

Thx for your help :)

GrantKay
06-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Hi,

The particles in combustion are opengl accelerated using your display card hardware.

The reason why you cannot see the particles properly is that you probably do not have a powerful enough graphics card.

Go to http://www.discreet.com/support/combustion for a list of certified cards that work with combustion.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

altered
06-14-2003, 07:27 PM
No because it worked before.

I have a Geforce 4 ti4200 (not very powerful but do the job)

:S

GrantKay
06-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Ah! You never said that in your first post ;)

Go in to the preferences menu of combustion and select OPENGL general options.

You will find an option that says "Use Software openGL".. Make sure this is unticked and then reboot combustion. This may help or you might need to look at the drivers your graphics card is using.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

altered
06-18-2003, 01:03 AM
I've done that and the drivers are stayed the same :S.

Not a format plz :P

Chris
06-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Wierd - they should always work fine in soft ware mode - it should be slow, but workin' - does it happen with all types of particles?

altered
06-19-2003, 03:18 AM
Yep when I add the operator the screen turn grey (same as the background:S)

GrantKay
06-19-2003, 10:07 AM
And you said it worked before?

This could be a RAM issue on your display card and the only time this will usually happen is if a setting has changed recently to affect the display particularly related to opengL

Regards
Grant
DISCREET UK

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.