redorb333
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
HI i made an animation short, it is called "PANCHO" i hope you like i, comments

are welcome, here s the link

http://www.aniboom.com/video/283306/Pancho/?ref=/Scoreboard/aniBoom_Awards_2008

Mington
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Very nice!

Next time maybe he will land on the moon- if he likes the green cheese :)

Peter

redorb333
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
jjaaja thanks, yeah maybe he will, i ve been thinking on him going to the moon

mocaw
11-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm not qualified by any means to comment on the animation so I'll leave that to those to more experienced users. Needless to say I really enjoyed your story!

I really like the main character- the voice used for him is great- I laughed each time he groaned!

The main things I have a problem with are the texturing and some object placement. Not shading per-say, but texturing. There are several things that are textured using default UV settings, which IMHO could have been easily done with more care and a few sub projections. the rocket, the broom etc.). You might also want to add more of a normal/bump/or displacement map to the broom fibers (or use strands with a different shading mode).

The object placement goes for things like the crumpled paper on the floor and the siding on the house. Some of these objects seem to be repeated and placed without doing at least a bit of rotation and mirroring on them. They distracted me a few times away from the story as my primitive brain went into shape matching mode.

The last thing would be cutting on action- there are a few scenes that might pace a bit better etc. if you cut on action.

Sorry for this crit- like I said I really like the story and the character, but I feel these things I've listed are simple fixes.

cg-peja
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Nice work. I really liked your effects (burning of the fuse and the rocket trail), but fire and explosion (when he hits the house) are not that good...
Also, I think you should avoid static cameras. That part when we are watching from Pancho's point of view is great (it adds some dynamic). Static camera kinda kills filling that he is running for his life. (It's ok to have a few shots with it though, it is funny when he just runs by the camera :D)

Again, nice work.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.