PDA

View Full Version : An interview with Marc Stevens of Softimage, and Marc Petit of Autodesk

smallpixel
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
An interview with Marc Stevens of Softimage, and Marc Petit of Autodesk, on the acquisition of Softimage

http://area.autodesk.com/softimage_announce

NicolasJordan
11-03-2008, 03:40 PM
In my opinion they talk lots without saying anything if you know what I mean.

DePaint
11-03-2008, 04:09 PM

The keywords that stuck in my mind are "ICE", "game pipeline", "FBX", "middleware" and "next generation of consoles".

If I were to speculate wildly I'd say that they are going to build some kind of ICE - FBX based game authoring or game-asset-with-game-logic-attached toolkit for the next generation of consoles.

Then again, it could just be a "synergy" themed damage control video where each side lists the technological assets they have and you are supposed to assume that they will combine them in some useful way and no product people are attached to will get killed in the process.

artmann
11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Devil wears black jacket.

Lone Deranger
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
That's part of upper management's job... didn't you know? :D

Greken
11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Is this irony or why do they talk about the acquisition of Softimage with a backdrop that looks like a piece a wall from a torture chamber? :curious:

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.