PDA

View Full Version : My show reel 2001-2008

Miha
11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello,

New to the forum... I've been working in game industry for 14 years, and these days I'm a freelancer.
I've been peeking at the forums every now and then, lots of fantastic stuff :)

Anyway, I think I'd like to subject my demo reel for your comments.. though I've been doing stuff for years, this is the first time I tried to edit my best bits into a single demo reel.

I am hoping to also find freelance work from tv / film / commercials, however, I am aware that my reel contains almost too little of actual acting and body language.. as that skill is seldom required for in-game animations.. I hope that I'll still get a chance, though.

But yes.. here goes
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Q1g5lBPJ8

Breakdown:
All the animations are done by me. Modelling, rigging, lighting and texturing is done by me, except with the talking lady, which was partly modelled and textured by Taneli Oksama, who is my old workmate and *very* skilled 3D artist. He also made the "transparency" shader for the ghosts. Ghosts and dragon are designed by Disney Online. The vertex-colored character running around (made with Maya) is modelled and rigged by Kimmo Ala-Ojala (who just replied below). Hazmat character is designed by Hans Zenjuga. The dungeon that shows up briefly at 2:55 is modelled, textured and lit by Lasse Louhento.

Any comments would be welcome.

kojala
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi Miha.

I just couldnt resist my self.
but Ive modelled and rigged the vertex colored walking character and the black character
running up and down a block. :)

Miha
11-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi Miha.

I just couldnt resist my self.
but Ive modelled and rigged the vertex colored walking character and the black character
running up and down a block. :)

Oh god, sorry Kimmo.. slipped.

Yes, I will add you to the credits! I will also add you to the youtube credit breakdown.
EDIT: I also added the complete breakdown (with your name too on the credits) to my homepage :)

I hope I did not forget anyone else..?

kojala
11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
but anyways.. nice reel :)

Miha
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks.. I forgot one more credit, the tentacled hazmat character is designed by Hans Zenjuga. EDIT: The dungeon that shows up briefly at 2:55 is modelled, textured and lit by Lasse Louhento.

I hope I got everyone now :) embarrassing, but that's what happens when you try to do six different tasks at the same time.

Miha
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Based on the feedback I got, I edited my reel and it is now half as long (clocking at mere 1:20), it focuses only in animation, and has new music

It has also quick additional credits section right in the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Tgk-RPmgc

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.