PDA

View Full Version : newbie animation help

butachan
11-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi, I have a really basic question but it is vital for me.
While animating, setting position and rotation keys, in XSI I notice the keys are global even if I translate on Local position system. So, lets say that I rotate a cube 45o in x and later try to rotate it 180 in y, the animation goes wild.

Help.

greyface
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
try animating in 'add' and 'par' mode.

butachan
11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I have tried the add mode. But it the add mode doesn't "update" it rotation like local position. and is quite confusing.

I basically have a cube with a 45o angle on x direction and want to rotate it first 480o in y and then 480o in z. In most 3d software when you rotate one axis the other ones update accordingly (like in local mode). Just like an airplane, I don't know if I explained better or make it worse, -.-

butachan
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Should I make my pitch the z since the rotation hirarchy in XSI seems to be Z-Y-X, or maybe my Y.

I am doing a cube but lets use an airplane to make the example easier to understand. I basically want to control the nose (up-down or pitch) rotation and the wings (tilt left and right) accordingly to where the nose is pointing.

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.