PDA

View Full Version : The Showdown - character - Milho

Milho
06-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Ok I'm in...
I already started working on it some days ago.
The idea is a arm wrestling (thx to my cousin who had the idea ;) ). Of cource we got a goliath like big guy and a clumsy small dude.
Style is cartoony, I'll post the concepts soon...

Good Luck everyone :thumbsup:

Milho
06-12-2003, 08:03 PM
! EDIT !
Here an update. I didn't want to fill the thread with modeling wips because that's not what this is about :)
So here the clumsy guy.

Kid Mesh: I haven't thougt about it....I was thinking about the good old GI style but cell would be also ok since I render the hair in a seperate pass. I'll decide later on.

Cheers :beer:

Milho
06-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Here the concept so you can see what I am up to...

Kid-Mesh
06-13-2003, 04:27 PM
So far your model looks just like your concept...great start.

You said that this is going to be cartoony...are you going to cel shade it?

Milho
06-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Here the title pic I did in some freetime at work....I think it shows nicely what style I want to reach / the attitude of the characters

:beer:
Cheers

Milho
06-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok the face animation of the slim guy is done so far :wip:

DivX (I guess) ca 300 k

facetest.avi (http://www.milho.de/animation/030607_showdown/facetest.avi)

MVP
06-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Can we have a storyboard or something? Whats going to happen in this arm wrestle? Sorry if you have answered these questions in your movie as I can't download it at the moment, I like your model though.

Milho
06-20-2003, 11:21 PM
I'm a d*mb*ss :banghead:

I knew I forgot something.
Ok here the story:
ClumsyGuy vs. BigGuy

Selfsure Clumsyguy starts the armwrestling but he can't manage his opponent (look at picture above).
The BigGuy doesn't care about him, because he is obviously stronger. He just keeps smoking his fat lady and ignores the LilGuy until his Cigarre falls on his lap. As he jumps up and start to burn the ClumsyGuy can defeat him! He cheers up and in the back we see the BigGuy running and burning :)

END

I have a storyboard but it isn't scanned yet. Sorry this comes so late, I wondered why nobody answered my thread hehe :D

grury
06-21-2003, 06:02 AM
I'll tell you what! Between your arm wrestling and my staring competition, we should start a new trend and maybe make them Olympic sports...
:applause:

Milho
06-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah, the topic of this challenge is wrong ;)

Ok I did a new storyboard and changed the end of the short...instead of the fire he...see on your own :eek:

Very amce-cartoonish...I love this stuff.
Sorry for doing attachments but from here (work) I can't access my ftp :rolleyes:

Milho
06-23-2003, 01:23 PM
And here part 2.... I hope I can do this in 20 secs....

Milho
06-23-2003, 01:24 PM
and here the new ending

Cheers

rsalonen
06-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Oh man, this is a great concept! If you are able to pull it off, we have a winner, very nice and original stuff here!

keep it up and good luck!

Stephen Vyas
06-30-2003, 03:22 AM
Heh! How's the animation coming? How bout a 'lil sneak peek? :)
Keep rockin buddy!

Milho
06-30-2003, 02:11 PM
I hope I can show a first rough animation today / tomorrow...I work as fast as I can. two weeks isn't much but I will make everything possible to finish this one :buttrock:

Thx for motivation Stephen and Veqtue

Cheers(tm)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.