PDA

View Full Version : export camera paths?

KillMe
06-12-2003, 06:19 PM
can DFX+ output a motionpath for a camera that lightwave can use so i can match up video footage with 3dfootage?

i'm contemplating buying the bundle offer thats on at the moment of lightwave and dfx+ and if it can do this that would sell ti completely

Jayk2k
06-12-2003, 10:31 PM
It depends on what you are really looking for. DFX+ doesn't support 3d camera or match moves in that sense. If that's what you want, check out boujou or matchmover.

What DFX+ can do though, is track an object, and export the resulting 2d path as a lightwave path.

It might be possible to invert the path and then apply that as a camera motion, but whether or not it would line up really depends on too many other things like lenses, paralax, zooming, etc.

KillMe
06-12-2003, 10:58 PM
i might be able to get that to work it might be an idea for the devolpment team wokring on digital fusion too as it seems simple enough (well in theory)

for example track the motion of a pix int eh distance of the real footage export the path to lightwave create a null and assign it to the path create another null that move exact opposite direction to that first null and have the camera track that second null

obviously wont work if any zoom etc in the footage but maybe the dev team could work up something abit better

KillMe
06-12-2003, 11:04 PM
hmm infact i can think ofa way to even work zoom if only i had the slightest programming skills i might have been able to work something up =(

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.