PDA

View Full Version : 80 titles in exel need to make graphics in ps

Streamlight
06-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey,
I have 80 title in an exel file and I need to make them all into graphics. Is there a away in photoshop to take that exel file and make the 80 tiles into 80 graphics?

Maven
06-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a job for Adobe Acrobat Writer!!!!

Streamlight
06-12-2003, 08:16 PM
can you explain a little more? I dont really know what you mean.

Maven
06-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Well...first do you or someone in your office have Acrobat? the full version not just reader? If not then never mind.

Another way would be to drag and drop the images from excel to ps. but for 80 pages that can be a long project, and the images would be at a terrible quality.

OR...you could print all 80 pgs and then if you had a sheet feed scanner you could just scan them all.

Streamlight
06-12-2003, 09:41 PM
In excel I have titles... raw type of what the titles need to be...
I need that raw type to be made into a graphic title.

basically I want to get around having to copy the raw title and pasting into a text layer then having to duplicate the layer and pasting the next title... but 80 times..

schmu_20mol
06-12-2003, 10:03 PM
well i think that's the fastest way possible ....where's the prob? ctrl-a...ctrl-c ....ctrl-v and again...shouldn't be such a prob and then you can...i think it's called...mask the text then you've got a graphic out of it and not 'just' a text

dans
06-14-2003, 08:08 PM
If you use Photoshop 7.0 and install the Scripting Plugin, then you could write a script that does that. Or hire someone to write a Photoshop Plugin. But for a one time thing this is to complicated (and expensive).

Daniel

dg
06-16-2003, 01:28 PM
As mentioned above you could use the ability of Adobe Acrobat printer, Open your excel doc set at least the font and size, then print with the Acrobat printer, then you open this pdf in the PS and all your text is there in bitmap (so you won't be able to scale up without quality loss), at the end the best way is the old way ctrl+C ctrl+V.

See Ya!:cool:

Streamlight
06-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Yea, thats what we ended up doing. Though it turns out that ps7 has some sort of data set thing where you can take a text field and give it a variable and then just input the diff variables as the diff titles... the only problem is that ps7 doesnt have any sort of export function for those sets so it needs GoLive ..... grrrr...

but c and v are always good,.. I just was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing it. :)

Thanks for all the replies

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.