PDA

View Full Version : License in use error

davidgoerndt
11-01-2008, 03:52 AM
I've downloaded the trial version of Modo and when I try and run the app I get this error "License in use" would I like to run in slave mode? When I choose no, the app quits. If I choose yes I'm to choose a folder which doesn't work for me. What is going on?

davidgoerndt
11-01-2008, 02:20 PM
I found the answer, please disregard previous message.

fuzzylizard
11-02-2008, 03:19 AM
In case others encounter something similar, what was the problem and how did you solve it?

davidgoerndt
11-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm using a Dell XPS m1730 laptop. When I set up the computer I gave it a unique name. The setup instructions also asked for a network name, so I gave it one. Apparently, the Modo license key looked at the network name when it started, giving me the error message. The error message said the license was in use by "David's Notebook". I went back to the System folder and eliminated the network name s the license key wouldn't see two computers, only one and that worked!!

pixelpimp
11-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Where does the .lic file live on OS X. In the "Show Contents" or is there a "Preferences" Locations?

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2008, 06:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.