PDA

View Full Version : Monster Mockery, Gardner Watts (3D)

gardnerwatts
11-01-2008, 02:29 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g42/228142/228142_1225506579_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g42/228142/228142_1225506579_large.jpg)

Title: Monster Mockery
Name: Gardner Watts
Software: Lightwave 3D, Photoshop

Just a fun little piece I wanted to do for Halloween. Two classic monsters decide to dress up as each other for the October holiday. Hilarity ensues.

Original character concepts created by my friend, and talented artist, Mike Curry. All 3D aspects created by myself in LW9.5. Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is appreciated.

Matasorapit
11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I love this idea. Great work.

Firerbert
11-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Great concept and good texture work as well! I found this very funny! I wish the background worked a little better with the rest. Looks more like a pull out backdrop from a photo studio. Not saying the quality is done well, just that the lighting between the characters and background, as well as the perspective between the two makes it feel that way. Don't know if you intended this or not, but it certainly does not take away from the piece. Great work! Keep it up!

Michael-Williamson
11-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Cool fun,

I love their facial expressions, really communicative!

gardnerwatts
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, the background was kind of an afterthought. I was just trying to get the main characters done by Halloween and then thought to put a generic spooky background image behind them. Looking at it now, I could have done more to match the lighting of the background image closer on the characters. It probably still would have looked obviously like a backdrop, but i think it would have helped little. the deadline snuck up on me and I just wanted a finished image by Friday, but next time I will do a little in regards to time management and hopefully will have more luck getting everything in the final image to work together better.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2008, 05:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.