PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush and XSI topology

digitalguest
10-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi,

I have been doing this wall on XSI, and with the UV I did the texture in Photoshop, after that I exported a light version of the bump map, to Zbrush, as a displacement map to have an idea how its going to look and model more fine detail over it, in order to get all the maps (color, normal and bump ) matching each other, but when I Import the map to zbrush i got this pinching in the texture and the displacement, i think is because my topology in XSI but i think i did correctly maintaining and quads and polygons evenly space, there is away to fix this pinching?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/digitalguest/ZbrushtoXSI.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Spin99
11-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Sry it's hard to tell from here but I'd check my UV mapping :)

digitalguest
11-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Well i fixed a little bit my topology and I'm getting better results, but still getting a lot of stretchiness on parts where has two lines really close, but i did it to have sharp edges.

digitalguest
11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
One more question, when I go to zbrush to add more geometry details, those details now doesn't have geometry assigned, if go back to XSI with the geometry in a lower level Do i have to re-create the UV mapping? but if YES so I will lost my attemp to match my texture with my normal mapd and displacemnet, I dont know well the pipeline here i have been looking on internet but the only thing i found is someone with same problem went trough BODYPAINT and painted the whole stuff again.

thanks in advance

Sbowling
11-04-2008, 03:52 AM
I'm not extremely familiar with Zbrush, but I think the problem is because the geometry is not even. You have edges that are close together and edges that are far appart. If you want better results you will probably need to add more edges to get a more grid like pattern.

digitalguest
11-04-2008, 04:40 AM
Thanks for your response, but what about the edges where you want have keep a sharp edges, normally you have 2 or 3 tight edges ;(

xande3d
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I would try to export the mesh from Zbrush back into XSI along with the Bump map, but assuming you did add a few subdivisions levels to the model in Zbrush, export it with level 1 and that might do the work. I am not sure. :lightbulb

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.