PDA

View Full Version : cartoon character rig showreel

BaiHaitao
10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Here is my cartoon character .
wish you like it ,and I call him BOBO.:)
http://vimeo.com/2116786

MolemanSD7
10-31-2008, 03:31 PM
the rig seems pretty nice. I'd try showing it actually being animated by someone, and not necessarily just features...I just think its always good to see it in action. My only real crit...the music made me sleepy.

Leffler
10-31-2008, 03:35 PM
I think you have some nice feature in the rig! Very nice work there

But your presentation is way to slow, for me itīs a bit boring to watch. I think you could speed up your screen capture as much as 3 times or even more when youīre just moving the rig/controllers around

Maybe some more exiting character too, at least add textures. Even if itīs a rigging demo the character needs some personality is my opinion.

I also found the music not of my taste, but thatīs just my taste so ...

// Otto
ottoleffler.com

BaiHaitao
11-01-2008, 12:41 AM
the rig seems pretty nice. I'd try showing it actually being animated by someone, and not necessarily just features...I just think its always good to see it in action. My only real crit...the music made me sleepy.
Thanks for the advice .
I'd like to animate the rig out ,but you know my aimation is not that good:blush:
so....
Maybe the music is not proper,too.I'll think about it.
Thank you again .:bounce:

BaiHaitao
11-01-2008, 12:44 AM
I think you have some nice feature in the rig! Very nice work there

But your presentation is way to slow, for me itīs a bit boring to watch. I think you could speed up your screen capture as much as 3 times or even more when youīre just moving the rig/controllers around

Maybe some more exiting character too, at least add textures. Even if itīs a rigging demo the character needs some personality is my opinion.

I also found the music not of my taste, but thatīs just my taste so ...

// Otto
ottoleffler.com
Hi.there!
I am still not good at making a demo :buttrock: haha
I'll remember you advice ,and try to fix my demo in the future.
Thanks !!!

NURB
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello!

You got really cool rig, no doubts! Dynamic attaching hands and legs and switching ik/fk with no pose jumping is just amaising. Also, marking menues seems quite handy to use. I wish i could work with your setups every time... :cry: Great work!

Only one thing I'd recommend you to change (as actual animator) is fingers controls. Not all of them of course, i mean, IK positioning as option is very useful. But positioning each finger via tons of attributes in a channel box I found VERY time consuming.

Fingers setup I like to use is a bit simple but much more intuitive and visually more intuitive while working - control curve for each finger has a parent constraint affection on a first finger's bone. It allows to quickly position the whole finger by rotation and moving it's control curve and after that tune it with additional allributes. Very handy for a qwick first posing. It's just a tiny change in setup but believe me - a big thing while working with hands & guestures.

Sorry, maybe i explain it not so clearly. You can check a lite version of this fingers setup on my Dummy Man rig (http://highend3d.com/maya/downloads/character_rigs/DummyMan-5145.html), if you like:

http://static.highend3d.com/downloadsimages/5145/screen1.jpg

BaiHaitao
11-09-2008, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=NURB]Hello!

You got really cool rig, no doubts!
Only one thing I'd recommend you to change (as actual animator) is fingers controls....
Hi,NURB !
Thank you for the advice,and I have considered it carefully.You are right!
As I have practised my animation a little,I found it's a big thing to have a rig easy to pose.:)
And I 've checked your website ,and the animation you did is great!!!:thumbsup:

labbejason
11-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Nurb, I actually know animators that prefer to animate fingers with spinners over on screen controls. On the other hand, I know animators that prefer to animate them with on screen controls over spinners. Doesn't seem like one is better than the other, but more about what the animator feel most comfortable with. Now if you had BOTH on screen controls and spinners working together, then that'll be magic. :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2008, 06:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.