PDA

View Full Version : Animating shrubs

greyface
10-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey there - I'd like to know what people use to animate shrubs or grass blowing in the wind.. I've been trying several methods, so far the xsi cloth works best but for some reason is really slow. I couldn't get syflex to do anything other than cloth-like materials, the shrubs just won't preserve their rigidity, they slowly bend until they touch the ground. If I set any value too high or low, it will freeze for a while.

It seems like what I'm looking for is more of a spring type behavior, but I don't know what could provide that. Syflex spring isn't an option, as I have over 30 blades of grass per shrub, I can't imagine creating a spring for each.

XSI cloth gets close, if I set the stiffness values really high, and a very low mass, but I can't get it to run fast enough.

I've been looking into ICE which I haven't used much yet, but didn't find anything.

Any tips or help would be appreciated!

A

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2008, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.