PDA

View Full Version : how to model a gundam?

quikzilver
04-29-2002, 05:17 AM
i am new at modelling and i really need to know how to model a gundam can someone please help me plzzzzzzzz

Toeng.com
04-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Well ... you can get a blueprint for Gundam at some websites, put it as a bg of your viewport and use box modelling to start model the arms, legs, body, heads, etc and then combine them all :)

I know there are many other easier methods, but for a n00b like me, box modelling rules :)

quikzilver
05-01-2002, 08:45 AM
um well do you know any sites with gundam blue prints and it would help and it would really help if you could explain in more detail how you model a gundam

Marcel
05-01-2002, 08:03 PM
First of all, take some initiative and search around on reference material on Gundams, Google is probably a good start.

A good idea might be going to the store and buy an actual gundamn model, having it in your hand makes it a lot easier to recreate in 3D. Also, you can place the parts on the scanner and scan them to use 'm as background while modelling.

Modelling a Gundamn isn't easy (if you want to do it real well), if you are really new at this, maybe you should try something easier and something that takes less time.

I'm speaking with some experience, because I tried modelling one myself. The results were good, but it really took too damn long to finish so I stopped :)

http://members.rott.chello.nl/mvijfwinkel/gundamn.jpg

I used 3D Studio Max with the patch modelling technique. Nowadays I would use subdivision modelling since it's a lot faster and gives the same results (maybe not as precise).

Explaining in detail how to model a Gundamn isn't possible, we can only give you pointers how you might do it.

Marcel

The Cross
01-28-2003, 04:29 AM
I patch Modeled My Gundam and had it done in 11 days.

Finding referance online didin't seem to be an option, so i used a plastic model i had built. Using rulers to measure distance, and books to level the webcam, i took front and side profiles of the head. And blah blah blah.....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.