PDA

View Full Version : The Gnomon Workshop Releases New Introduction to ZBrush 3 with Ryan Kingslien DVD

ryankingslien
10-30-2008, 11:21 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=134549&stc=1

Hello All,

The Gnomon Workshop has just released my Introduction to ZBrush DVD (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rki01.html). The first in a series of 7 planned DVDs!

It is over 7 hours long and contains 33 different chapters. Each chapter is between ten and twenty minutes long for easy digestion.

The tutorial is based off the curriculum I developed for training at companies such as ILM, EA and Ubisoft. It represents all the effort I have put into teaching ZBrush to beginners over the years.

It covers the following:

Get Sculpting in 5 Minutes
Sculpting Fundamentals
Review
Sculpting Details
Review
Masks
Documents verse Tools
Sculpting Workflow with Clay Brush
Understanding Brushes
Polygroups and SubTools
Polygroups
Subtools
Transpose
ZSpheres
ZSphere Quadraped
ZSphere Hands
Posing Your Model
Transpose Master
MatCap Materials
Material Basics
Managing Materials
Lighting
Rendering
PolyPainting Essentials
PolyPainting Multiple Objects
PolyPainting with Cavity
ZAppLink Part 1
ZAppLink Part 2
Exporting PolyPainting
Using ZMapper Primer
Displacement Maps Primer
Turntables
Topology Primer
Currently, I am also planning for an Intermediate ZBrush DVD and an Advanced ZBrush DVD. The other ones will have to remain a mystery for now. After doing this first DVD, I don't think I could ever finish talking about ZBrush!

Happy ZBrushing,

Ryan

Grgeon
10-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow, looks nice Ryan. I'll definitely check it out. And 7 more dvd's? daang. Looking forward to see what you have in store for the future.

How is this one different from the earlier intro to zbrush dvd's?

Thanks,
-GC

ryankingslien
10-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Grgeon - Hello. First, this one is done in the ZBrush 3.1 interface. There is some overlap in topics like Normal Mapping, Displacement Maps and tool descriptions. This DVD, however, is designed to provide a context for each tool that comes from my background in the development of ZBrush. An insiders look, so to speak. :)

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Ryan

giyomu
10-31-2008, 02:02 AM
look cool , I go to get it right away :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
10-31-2008, 03:46 AM
Congrats! I'm sure you've created a great DVD. :)

ThomasMahler
10-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Ha, seems like this is gonna be the ultimate ZBrush Manual :) Good stuff, Ryan, loved your videos about the alpha palette!

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2008, 07:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.