PDA

View Full Version : CS4 'Tiled Painting' unacceptably slow?

drossxyu
10-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I have a 4096x4096 pattern that I've performed a 'New Tiled Pattern' function on which creates a 3d layer of the pattern repeated 9 times. If I try to edit this pattern at all (fix seams, add detail), it responds unusably slow. It performs just fine when I paint on it before this operation. I'm running CS4 x64 in Vista x64 w\ a 2.6ghz quad core, 4 gigs of RAM, and a geforce 8800gtx 768 VRAM w\ the latest x64 drivers.

Actually, In general I find any painting on a 3d layer to be rather unresponsive. Is anyone experiencing the same performance?

cTennant
11-03-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm telling you the same thing I tell everyone else who is using CS4. Go to john nack's blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/) , he's Principal Product Manager for Adobe Photoshop....so he knows his stuff and shares it openly, that which he is allowed :) Search the last two months archives for 3D related material.

From what I've read, you shouldn't seem to have many problems with the hardware you're using. Photoshops demands newer GPU's for great performance, which you have, so I'm wondering too, why you're not getting great results.

Hope you get it figured out

cTennant
11-03-2008, 07:13 AM
I forgot to ask. What settings do you have the render settings on?

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2008, 07:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.