PDA

View Full Version : MBP For Motion Graphics

jakobhuff
10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
am looking at buying the old gen 15" 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive. I am wondering with it being maxed out at 4GB of ram, how it will handle After Effects? Does anyone know or have some bench marks?

benmillion
10-30-2008, 05:42 PM
good q. im assuming it will be pretty blazing fast for ae... i would like to see benchmarks as well. (i'm on a dual g5) :/

*but apple just released new macbooks (not pro) which might be even better than your (potential purchase) of a first gen MBP? they have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M - and theyre cheap - 1300.00

if i had the money, the new mbp's seem insane. with dual graphics cards - but until there's snow leopard i would hold off... (dual graphics card support).

benmillion
10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
...just saw these benchmarks:

http://gizmodo.com/5070561/macbook-vs-macbook-pro-hardcore-graphics-death-match

looks like the new macbooks pale in comparison to the new mbp's.

as for finding which gen. mbp you're looking into, i'd search gizmodo or cnet, or some of the other hardware sites.

-ben

tfortier
11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
If you got a good price, go for it! the new MBP have glossy screens... its bad for motion design! I add to work online with one of those glossy screen 1 month and my quicktimes and synopsis were constantly refuse... its only when I came back on my workstation I saw how the colors were distorted... all my ‘ so vivid blue were greyish and most colors hues were off. That glossy vivid thing they call Truelife is only for watch movies.

From Apple site; "The moment you open your MacBook Pro youíre greeted by glorious, full screen brightness." And believe me, this is bad!!

Lone Deranger
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah.... the glossy issue.... what were they thinking (probably consumerism and profits).
Keep in mind that Apple has a form on their website where you can leave feedback and requests regarding the MacBook Pro.
This is the page (http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html).
I urge everyone prefering matte screens to take a few minutes and write a few words about it. Keep it polite and constructive.

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.