PDA

View Full Version : PFlow facing viewport like Snow particle system

matgap
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone.
I wondered if it is possible to have in the system PFlow the same process as in the system Snow when we put it in Facing, i mean that the particles are always facing us, without creating camera (thus without using Shape Facing in PFlow).
Is there a method or a script?

PsychoSilence
11-06-2008, 05:32 PM
whats wrong with shape facing? if u want to have a different shape then the card it creates just drop in a nother shape operator right after the shape facing and u have facing custom shapes...

anselm

matgap
11-07-2008, 08:03 AM
In fact if I have a lot of camera, how is that particles are in front of the one I want to use without going every time into the shape facing operator?

Glacierise
11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
if u want to have a different shape then the card it creates just drop in a nother shape operator right after the shape facing and u have facing custom shapes...

Freakin' cool, I didn't know that!

JonathanFreisler
11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Freakin' cool, I didn't know that!

yeah, shape facing defines shape and changing rotation, adding the shape instance below it will only override the shape, but still retain the rotation. Pretty cool. Usually when i use shape facing, i end up changing the shape anyway using that method.

Yeah but whats wrong with using shape facing? you don't need to look at a camera, it can be another node or helper.

yangin0
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I was wondering the same thing, if shape facing can look at viewport, not camera or object. Does anybody know how to?

dpasdernick
09-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I am trying to turn off shadows on a PF source shape facing node. According to another thread here on CG Talk I should just right click on the shape facing node and turn off shadows. When I right click on the shape facing node all I get are options to insert and append etc. There are no options for shadows, motion blur etc. Turning off the cast shadows by right clicking on the PF Source icon in the interface does not help either. Any help would be much appreciated.

All the very best,

Darren

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2009, 04:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.