PDA

View Full Version : Dino Skeleton File for MB users

roguenroll
06-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Heres a new (Lightwave) Dino rig, Thx Dave for touching it up and making it run solid. (FYI, based from orignal biped rig)

I guess were at V.1 on this, but I think most of the bugs Dave work out of the biped rig, so we should be good to go.

http://www.fmotion.net/MB_Dino.zip

post any bugs

Shade01
06-12-2003, 08:16 AM
thanks for this!

Mechis
06-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Sweeeeet. I like dinos.

bobzilla
06-12-2003, 06:12 PM
I've just made a dino in Cinema 4D. Modelled, boned, rigged. I'm in the middle of the whole "should I purchase Motionbuilder" debate. How difficult was it to rig and animate the dino in MB? Do you have to bring it back into Lightwave to get the muscle and sckin deformations?
I'm VERY interested in this!!!

roguenroll
06-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by bobzilla
I've just made a dino in Cinema 4D. Modelled, boned, rigged. I'm in the middle of the whole "should I purchase Motionbuilder" debate. I'm VERY interested in this!!!

I would check for Cinema support, I know LW, Maya, XSI and max
are good, It comes down the FBX plugin, to send and then import back the MB file into your beggining app.

I originally was thinking cross app wasn't possibly, but a few have said thev done it. probably with a Maya2LW script or similar.
Then you can start in maya and go to MB then render in LW.

======================
How difficult was it to rig and animate the dino in MB? Do you have to bring it back into Lightwave to get the muscle and sckin deformations?
=======================

I would rig in you 3d app, send to MB animate and send back to render. check defs in your 3d app.

CurtisG
06-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Hey Bobzilla,

Cinema4D support for FBX is on the way, and Maxon should be completing it soon. This will make getting your character back and forth into Motionbuilder much easier.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.