PDA

View Full Version : JetPack

theultimatecoin
10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey guys! I'm the guy that made the bouncing ball animation with the guy bouncing a ball!

That animation got messed up so I am starting a new one.

This one is still in the blocking stages but I wanna see what you guys think of it!

Any critics and comments are welcome. I will do my best to go with it, but if I don't think it'll go with the idea I am having for this animation, I'll consider it and think about it, but not 100 percent sure I'll use it....

Thanks!

http://boxstr.com/files/3975777_3hpuy/jetPack3.mov

Frogman
10-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Great looking blocking!

The only area that I don't think works well is 130-135.. from a face plant onto his feet seems a bit of a stretch. Consider having has feet fall back behind him and him pushing off with his hands to get back up. Really great looking work - sorry that the ball animation got messed up.

theultimatecoin
11-01-2008, 02:55 AM
thanks man i'll post up an update soon!

theultimatecoin
11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
update!

http://boxstr.com/files/3993256_drlyf/jetPack4.mov

i slowed down those frames that you mentioned..i tried to make it look snappy but didn't work. thanks the advice!

Frogman
11-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Coin,

It is not the timing that I didn't think was working on the action, but the choice of the action itself. I mean.. look at 140 and 142 - the shapes are really great, but it seems like you're trying to cheat it a bit too much. Why is he doing a flip up to his feet? Why not really sell the face plant / crash.. from 137 have his feet fall back behind him to the ground.. Now is he springing back up to his feet because he is embarrassed of the crash? The work at 149-212 reads that his is amazed that he is still in one piece. So the face plant to a flip just does not seem like the best choice for the scene... what would make sense with the reaction to the crash is if instead of having him flip off his face to his feet, have the jetpack go off again while he is on the ground and blast him in a loop to his feet. Then his amazement/relief would fit in just right.

Again on choices - why does he trip at 164? I know you want him to trip so you can blast him off from the floor (that looks great by the way), but what is he tripping on or why? If he had a dizzy walk instead of the confident stride the fall would make sense or another burst from the pack would work too. He doesn't really slip, get tangled, stumble, or fumble.. he just falls. Maybe have him look back - that might sell the trip better too.
Let me know what you think.

I really love all the strong posing and nice shapes in this - it is going to look great when you inbetween it.

theultimatecoin
11-02-2008, 11:48 AM
hey man for the awesome feedback.

for the face plant to the feet. i kinda wanted to make it cartoonish and snappy. i thought i could make it work...but i'll try your idea and see how I like it. i also wanted to see how far I could push it to make it believable lol.

and I really like your idea for the trip. i never really though of it! i still want to make him look happy that he is not dead. so maybe have him a bit off balance? like hold a pose? but then he figdets? i'll have to experiment

theultimatecoin
11-14-2008, 02:04 AM
http://boxstr.com/files/4079547_kaqyf/jetPackFinal.mov

the final!

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2008, 02:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.