PDA

View Full Version : Little dream composition WIP

alchoi
04-29-2002, 03:46 AM
Here's something I'm working on ...

Any feedback would be appreciated ... compositional issues, suggestions for colouring approaches, layout ...

I'm going to try and finish this over the course of the next month ..

I'm not happy with the BG on the clean lineart version of the boy ..

And I'm debating whether or not to keep the pencil art in the riverbed version the way it is (with a few tweaks)

But we'll see.

Cheers all.

puddlefish
04-29-2002, 04:01 AM
nice idea, but I think I'd make the chains in the 'real' world coincide more with the trees and vines in the 'dream' world. Kind of like in the Maxx when he kept shifting realities.

Toeng.com
04-29-2002, 11:57 AM
Is the picture talking about a man who's dreaming about being a boy in a fantasy land??? cuz if yes, then it's awesome :) it is very nicely portrayed.

cathode
04-29-2002, 11:58 PM
The more coincidences between the worlds, the better. nice sketch! :)

alchoi
04-30-2002, 03:39 AM
Yeah ... I think I agree with using the chains like the trees ... but I've been thinking about turning the boy in the hospital gown into an android hooked into all kinds of matrix-style wiring and tubing .... and the wiring would mimic the movement of the trees ...

Also ... the bar code on the side of the kid's head ... I think it's giving the impression of hair ... a couple of people have told me that it makes him look like a man ...

By the way, they're both boys of the same age dreaming about each other .... I thought making one of them an android would be nice and Asimov-esque ....

Heheheh

Thanks again guys ...

Ivars
04-30-2002, 08:40 PM
I think android.... not.
The barcode does look alot like hair, and the shadow below his nose looks a bit like a mustasch.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.