PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue test

cilvento
10-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I started a new dialogue test and would like to get some feedback on the initial poses. Any comments/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Blocking Pass (http://www.cilvento.com/Animation_Test/cause_of_death_a_008.mov)

Thanks,
Chris

robcat2075
10-31-2008, 03:27 AM
I think those are pretty good poses and presuming you inbetween it well it should turn out fine.

My only complaint would be that it is, as they say, too "on the nose". He's pretty much doing exactly what 99% of us would imagine him doing for that dialog so in that sense the animation doesn't provide us with any further insight. The business with the paper and coffee cup are not bad at all, but maybe still in the realm of what we would expect anyway.

But the poses are doing their job well. I can definitely see that clip being tweaked out and looking very nice.

cilvento
11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Thank you robcat2075 for you comments/suggestion, I appreciate your constructive criticism.

I have made some more progress and wanted to post an update. I added some inbetweens and a few breakdown, I am also messing with the time a bit.
Any additional comments/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Dialogue test update (http://www.cilvento.com/Animation_Test/cause_of_death_a_021.mov)

Thank you,
Chris

robcat2075
11-14-2008, 03:10 AM
I just noticed the combover!

Now that i've watched it a few more times, i'm thinking he's too focused on who he's talking to at the beginning. It's like he's expecting something really significant out of her which rather diminishes the plausibility of him being all spit-take surprised by her answer.

You've got that paper in his hand, how about if he was really stuck on that and only made glancing eye contact with her? Like he can just barely pretend to be interested in what she has to say.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2008, 03:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.