PDA

View Full Version : Smalbot finished...

PROtecta
01-12-2002, 01:42 AM
Hey Guys!

It's been a while since my last post but now I'm back wantin' to show u my finished Smalbot. I've posted a WIP version 3 or 4 months ago so some of u might remember...or not ;)
I was inspired by a painting of Wiro for this little guy. I think he's finished and it's time to give him some "background"...so stay tuned :D

http://www.protectacrew.de/show/smalbot.jpg

BTW: I'm very interested in what u guys think about my Smalbot.

Greetz
PRO

Romantic_Whisky
01-12-2002, 01:53 AM
i like your style, very angular. my favorite part about your bot are the hands. anyway, do you plan to animate it? -romantic

PROtecta
01-12-2002, 02:15 AM
Thanx
The hands took most of the modeling time. I had never expected that hands would be so hard to model. I started x-times and the results always su** ;) But in the end...
I'm not sure if I'm going to animate him. My plans are to make some funny stils but maybe...

Greetz
PRO

ToddD
01-12-2002, 02:29 AM
That's a tight model, I like it alot! I must have seen your last post or the Wiro painting because he looks familiar, Great stuff! The hands do kick ass!

SheepFactory
01-12-2002, 03:48 AM
that is an awesome model to animate , lots of possible expressions.

i like your style

A|i

Tub
01-12-2002, 07:56 AM
let him sit on his own remote control or better let him climb on the remote controls antenna and then look like christoph columbus who found the new world :)
holding himself on the antenna top with just one hand and one foot with the other hand placed on top of his eyebrows :D

caulfield
01-12-2002, 09:09 AM
heeey nice droid. How'd you make him? Have you got any wire fremes? This is exactly the kind of thing I've been thinking about making recently, so I'd love to learn more.

PROtecta
01-12-2002, 09:40 AM
@Spike

I used the SubD Method (LowPoly+Meshsmooth) for the Body and other metalic parts. The rest of the Parts is made by editing Max standard primitives.

http://www.protectacrew.de/show/smalbot_wire.jpg

btw: Trust me...it's quite difficult to model non organic parts with a method normaly prefered for organic medeling ;)

Greetz
PRO

grihan
01-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Protecta, it would be better if you tell in the forum where did you get the inspiration for this model.
Your model is HIGHLY "inspired" by a drawing of Arild Wiro (www.secondreality.ch). You can see the drawing here:
http://www.secondreality.ch/gallery/personal/2d1/smallbot.jpg

Some time ago, I wanted to model this robot, and I asked the author for it. So....

Error323
01-12-2002, 10:13 AM
LoL :D

Well it still looks very cool, only it's not your style anymore. But stil u modelled it :)

goodlag
01-12-2002, 01:49 PM
oh cool~~~

i like your robot

PROtecta
01-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by grihan
Protecta, it would be better if you tell in the forum where did you get the inspiration for this model.
Your model is HIGHLY "inspired" by a drawing of Arild Wiro...

Originally posted by PROtecta
...I was inspired by a painting of Wiro for this little guy...

@Grihan
:confused: I did...look at the top of this thread. Wiro also commented my WIP version too in my last post. So what? :confused:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.