PDA

View Full Version : particle speed issue (XSI 7 ICE)

Metsakoll
10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello,

Im rather new to the xsi and im having a problem. The problem is that I have this rigid body simulation in ICE (bouncing balls). I have included particle speed nodes but still if i render it out it looks like slow motion. Can anyone hint a solution to this problem? I have tried with all sorts of velocity and gravity nodes but still no effect? Everything else is perfect but its not fast enough.

Thank you in advance....

comanche
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe your playback is set to "All" (all frames) instead of "RT" (realtime) and the simulation plays back very fast in the viewport. Try "RT", there's a button at the bottom of the interface.

Metsakoll
10-29-2008, 10:50 AM
no its on Real Time - and i did not find a solution. It seems that particles act faster if they are not instanced (rigid body simulated). And it seems the problem is not present if i dont use ICE but instead am using usual simulation. But im intrested why is this so with ICE?

ThE_JacO
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
This is an ICE thread, and there's a subforum for that.
Moving this for you, in the future please post in the correct (sub)forum :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.