PDA

View Full Version : Action to automate tilable transformations?

merlin9876
04-29-2002, 02:26 AM
I know 2 ways on creating a tileable texture from a picture(inverting, bluring, etc). In fact, I have several hundreds pics to process. So, is there an action I could grab to do the dull and repetitive part. I'd tweak the result after to have something more to my liking but doing them all by hand is a bit much. Any help? Thanks!

windowlicker
04-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I know what you're talking 'bout. I thought about recording an action for that, but there's still so much that has to be done manually so I gave up. Learn the keyboard shortcuts and that'll save you some time... The best tip however: Process only the textures you know you'll use!!

:beer:

Marcel
04-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Instead of using the inverted blurring technique, why not use the High Pass filter?

It's under the last Filter category (Other). Use the slider to set the ammount and hit OK. After that, use the fade filter (=CTRL-SHIFT-F) and set blending type on Luminosity (to get the color back).

Sometimes you need to bring back some contrast using curves, and sometimes the high pass filter makes your textures look ugly :(.

Greetings,

Marcel Vijfwinkel

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.