PDA

View Full Version : Games bonus, GooMoo, MJPolly, and CPS questions?

onlooker
06-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Hi! If a person has Game bonus tools installed and loads MJPolly tools or GooMoo The Bonus Menu is replaced by the tools. IN Mac OS X, I am unaware of how other systems are treating this. But, CPS (Connect Polly Shape) has it's own floating menu, that does not reside in the main menu bar, it has shelf icons, but nothing in the hot box, or main menu.
The Menu's for GooMoo, MJPolly, and Bonus Tools replace each other, and collectively their interfaces don't run together well.
Maybe this problem does not occur on other platforms?

Is there an easy tutorial to get me started, or some not too complicated MEL that I could add to GooMoo, and MJPolly tools to get them to act like CPS, and I could have all 4 (including Bonus tools) packages going at the same time?

I want to find out why Poly modeling in LW (to wavers) is so darn fantastic These are the crossover tools that they all cant seem to live without for people coming from LW. I'd like to get them all running together, and take them for a spin.
Any Ideas?

:)

misterdi
06-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Just curious, is it possibly because all this script came with their own userSetup.mel, which will call their main script as showing them on menu bar?.

If that's the case you should concat the userSetup.mel instead of overriding it every time you install them.

Best regards,

onlooker
06-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by misterdi
Just curious, is it possibly because all this script came with their own userSetup.mel, which will call their main script as showing them on menu bar?.

If that's the case you should concat the userSetup.mel instead of overriding it every time you install them.

Best regards,

Thank you, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but thanks for replying. What I had in mind, but I'm not sure how to do it is: 1. To stop the tools from landing in the main menu bar. 2. Redirect the tools, and icons into their own floating window, and/or a set of shelf icons/buttons. Maybe to come up from a command line call every time I need them (like rockGen), or just from a shelf icon/button (like CPS).

I could look over the code in CPS, and figure it out, but disassembling it in my head, and figuring it out would take me while (including trial, and error) I have a basic understanding of mel, and how it works, but putting together anything more than copy/paste from the script editor really should be out of my league, and sounded like a pain in the blunt end to me.
Although, this tool modification does not seem all that hard.
I do have 3 great books on mel script writing, and maya programming, but yet have had the time to sit down with any of them.
All, and all; help getting these tools to play together better isn't that important.
I suppose I'll do it eventually. I was hoping someone may have already done it really. I would have. (and probably will when I get some time)

Thanks for the suggestion, and help.
:beer:

Levitateme
06-13-2003, 12:15 AM
i can tell you what he maens.

you have a usersetup .mel file

in tehre you place like

mjpolytools;

gameBONUSTOOLS;

i dont know the names for the start up but thats the example. in the scripts it should say what you type in to call them into maya. or it should say what to type in your Usetup file for them to start up when maya does. it shouldnt cancel anything out this way. you can do alot of things with the usersetup. does that help? if you want i will install bonust tools again find out the userstart up and mj poly tools, i need to anyway . so if you check back tonight i should have installed them . but its not hard to figure out is all im saying ciao

onlooker
06-13-2003, 01:47 AM
I did that with GooMoo, and MJPolly, but they didn't all fit acroos the top of my Menubar. I think Maya has a limit. I'll try it again, but I think the only one I'll see is the last one loaded.

Levitateme
06-13-2003, 02:22 AM
what is your screen res?

onlooker
06-13-2003, 04:27 AM
1280 x1024

I can get MJPoly, and bonus tools at the same time time but GooMoo has a startup error in the userSetup.mel so I cant even load it by itself anyway.

I'd really like to try GooMoo though. Maybe they will update it.

There is another set that is looks really cool set at http://www.maya-xtools.com/

XUMI looks really good, but It's an executable installer? wont work on a Mac.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.