PDA

View Full Version : Stellan Johansson :: Artist Profile

PaulHellard
10-28-2008, 02:40 AM
Hey there,

Jeroen Maton brings us an interview and Artist Profile of Stellan Johansson, a 3D Modeler at GRIN in Spain. His world consists of Boss creation, textures, models and all kinds of look development for many games.

Click the image to read his story. Come on back to comment.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/plug_stellan.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=4755)

alanhalsted
10-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Great story but how fun does that game look! Nice to see that 2D games are alive and well still!

Cheers

Alan

tommywan
10-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Great story of a great artist and a great guy. StellanŽs work at our office in Spain has been so inspiring for the rest of the team. Hopefully youŽll see more of his work in the near future in the upcoming GRIN tittles!

Ivars
10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Way to go Stellan! I see you even managed to squeeze an "angst" in there :) All the best to you! How's Barcelona?

sryk
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Great profile of stellan johansson.
Good post mate. Keep it up.

Cheap Hosting (http://v9host.com)

wowbaggin
10-28-2008, 03:19 PM
wow, that must have been tough making the transition from Quake Wars to BC:R. Great work though!

Lexalotacus
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I agree! Very nice work you have so far, but I must beg a question... How do you get your renders of your models to have that sort of glow about them? Looks very nice.
-L

Wout
10-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Fantastic, I recently downloaded the BCR on Xbox live and I can easily say those where the best 7 euros I ever spent, the game is incredibly fun ! Also, stylewise, I really think the design comes across as old school with fancy graphics, I was surprised to read that the maximum texture size was 512X512. Excellent job ! I loved the cooperative mode(and so did my brother) and I'm still enjoying the deathmatches :d ! If someone's looking for an arcade game, you can't go wrong with this one !

musashidan
10-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Haha! takes me back to hair pulling late nights playing original BC on the C64.(couldn't beat it for a long time!)

Work looks super slick,the renders are beauties.

Also harks back to:contra,grysor,midnight resistence and all those other addictive(and a hell of alot more challenging than modern games) side-scrollers back in the day.

:applause:

hakanpersson
10-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Congrats for the article dude :D :D :D (a most suitable smilie at the moment!)

danblomberg
10-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Stellan! Stellar works, nice seeing it here! You guys had a nice thing going and I'm glad its getting publicity. I wished more game developers out there paid attention to this story.

Miss you!

//Dan - BCN Gazpachos 08'

darondevil
10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Great story, i actually played the game im at last stage, even though they are making a full 3d prospective version of the game(you do pretty much everything plus few new tricks) but i rather like this 2d version.

i always liked the bosses game of 2d games and side scrolling games, the attention to detail and the amount of it always fascinates me.

i hope one day ill be able to do the same thing.

Sa74n
10-29-2008, 02:28 PM
stellan!! congrats on the article. well deserved :)

Teddy
10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Congrats Stellan! Nice stuff :arteest:

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.