PDA

View Full Version : ik/fk auto snap

shalabology
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
ok i can do fk-ik switching with watever twisting autoaiming ..etc
the qs is : how to make the ik and fk contrlolers lie on the limb exactly just like the case for character studio limbs ?

shalabology
10-31-2008, 05:46 PM
hey guys ! please even it is a familiar qs please refer me to the answer , i am really in need for it , thank you in advance.

vektormeister
11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Im not totally sure if i get your question, but:
-to match fk to the Ik is easy enough with setting/aligning the rotation of the FKbones = IKbones
-to match the IK to the FK however:
you need to have a POINTHELPER linked to the FkUpperArm (placed where the swivel-controller of the IKArm is in its 0-pos). and then you match the swivel-controller to this POINTHELPER“s position.
And then you match the position of your IK-CONTROLLER with the FK-WRIST. Your IK should now be in total alignment with your FK

shalabology
11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
first of all thank you for the answer , but thats not the meaning, wat i meant is :
after i sat up ik>fk switching system it works good but i imagine the situation just like as in character studio:i.e i hold the foot for example move and transform as a standard ik system then if i wanted to grab the thigh to perform fk without the need to switch how much blend it is for either ik or fk .
so fk follows ik when it moves and vice versa , i have knowledge about maxscript but cant imagine the good idea , anyone can help?

eek
11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
first of all thank you for the answer , but thats not the meaning, wat i meant is :
after i sat up ik>fk switching system it works good but i imagine the situation just like as in character studio:i.e i hold the foot for example move and transform as a standard ik system then if i wanted to grab the thigh to perform fk without the need to switch how much blend it is for either ik or fk .
so fk follows ik when it moves and vice versa , i have knowledge about maxscript but cant imagine the good idea , anyone can help?

It can be done, but its tricky, you need to check essentially what's happening all the time with the scene transforms. I did a test a while back with a change handler based on the change of transform or selection. But your still need to key it some how.

CS moreover treats FK as if it was IK - this ive done before too but i ran into issues of 180 degree flipping.

mberglund
11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
eek is right it is tricky. I've setup a system similar to CS and you definitly have to keep track of a bunch of stuff. I think i created a key manager, that kept track how the animator set keys, free or planted. But it wasn't a 100%, and if you clicked things wrong you could totally hose your keyframes. it was a mess. The best way would probably be to make something in the SDK.

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2008, 03:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.