PDA

View Full Version : creature attack animation

dmca
10-27-2008, 09:44 AM
hi everyone,
here is the animation i've done for study.
please all comment are welcome.
many thanks
Daniel

watch here: http://www.vimeo.com/1940393

Frogman
10-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Looks good from what I can see - can you post an unlit or less dark version to make the animation more visible?

dmca
10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
here is a playbast of the final animation.

http://www.vimeo.com/2085486

thanks frogman

Frogman
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
This is some nice work - I'm not one for doing more realistic/ vfx style animation, but I'll tell you what I see.

The punch about around 145 feels too evenly spaced - let the fist really snap and have the creature's reaction be sharper to. So the punch with be fast out, his head will snap to the right and cushion, then slow out and into a quick thrust with the bite.

Something about the pacing on the last bite to throw feels off too. Consider adding a beat between the bite/drag at 206 and the throw immediately following it. So.. roll, bite, drag, pause (a beat to get ready for the toss), and then really sell the throw with a strong pose for the creature at the end and some follow though in the body/arms after the throw.

This work is really impressive - I think it is going to end up really solid.

dmca
10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
hey

This work is really impressive - I think it is going to end up really solid.

thanks frogman.

DevIII
10-30-2008, 04:50 AM
wow this is really well done, great sense of pacing man.
I see frogman's punch issue but i just think you should take it out instead of forcing it to happen, have her reach away as if she's trying to escape or something. when creatures attack its not abnormal for the to let up just a bit so I think it would be fine to hold his head up a bit, and then then follow through with the rest of the animation.

just for your own knowledge I didn't even notice the punch in the finished version, it took the play blast.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2008, 04:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.