PDA

View Full Version : Best foot forward.

ub52
06-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone elsel has come up with a better way in MB to manipulate their models feet? I don't know, maybe it's just me but, I really miss being able to TR via the heel, ball or the toe of the foot. Having only the Ankle effector gets to be kind of a pain. Especially when transitioning from heel to toe, or for example the motion of stamping out a cigarette. Don't get me wrong, I love my MB. The speed of this software is so amazing that for the time being I can live without the added control. However, it sure would be nice to have effectors for these built in and would add that extra something which I think is now lacking. I've experimented with adding a parented/child null chain and then parent the ankle effector to it. This works to a degree but seems to degrade the overall IK control, and tends to break the pinning and unpinning functionality. I'll keep working on it, and will post it if I find something which works, I just thought in the mean time I'd ask to see if others were having the same problems and had found a solution.

-ub52

tOd
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Kaydara has said there will better foot functions like foot roll in the update due in July.

CurtisG
06-26-2003, 02:45 AM
Hey ub52,

Try un-parenting the ankle effector, and parenting it to the toe effector. That is an easy way to get pivot control on the ball-of the foot.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.