PDA

View Full Version : Facial Rigging Showreel

BaiHaitao
10-26-2008, 06:45 AM
http://www.vimeo.com/1872484
wish you like it ,and please spend some to give me some advice .
Really appreciate that !:)

archanex
10-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Nice work man! However as far as a reel goes, I felt it was fairly slow paced. It might also be nice to show a few different full facial poses working together

MolemanSD7
10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I concur...its seems pretty slow, and kind of boring. Though the facial deformations themselves seem pretty nice. I'd also suggest giving it to an animator, and have them actually work with it and do a lip sync to show how feasible it is to work with. Also, the bit at the beginning where the the mesh is selected and turns purple is really hard to look at, so maybe do something about that. Otherwise, it looks pretty nice.

edwardG
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I agree with Both. The mesh selection was the most distracting to me (where it turns purple).

I also noticed that when they eyebrows lift up there is some "sharp" looking deformations. My guess is that you applied a smooth modifier to your original mesh, am I correct?

It doesn't look too bad, but it was something that I noticed and that potential employers could notice as well. Of coarse, the solution to this would be to go back and un-apply the smooth and re-do the screen captures, which is a whole lot of work. So I'm not sure if it's completely worth it.

kurtw
10-27-2008, 07:23 PM
A full character would be nice with a simple render at minimum. Get an animator friend to animate it and bring it to life.

I'm not a big fan of the "mainframe" on screen matrix interface for creature controls, I'm not sure who's teaching it these days or what books they're in but I can't think of a major studio that uses that type of system anymore.

DracoDralion
10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm not a big fan of the "mainframe" on screen matrix interface for creature controls, I'm not sure who's teaching it these days or what books they're in but I can't think of a major studio that uses that type of system anymore.

Since I'm in the learning process of making a face rig myself, could you give any other, more used, approaches? And if you know any good tutorials for these alternative methods, that would be very nice. I use XSI, but for any software will do really.

BaiHaitao
10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for all the replys !
Actually ,I keyed every deformation at the begining ,and that's why it's slow and some kind boring maybe.:shrug:
And there are wireframe shown at the begining because I want you to see the "fleshy eye" I had spent a lot of my time on .Seems I haven't get it correct:D .
Anyway thanks for all the feedback !!!

CGTalk Moderation
10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.