PDA

View Full Version : Fprime + spotlights?

Ultimatum
10-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Damn, how irritating it is... When I render my scene with 30+ spotlights with FPrime, the lights turn off randomly.
When I render ie. frame 0 the lights are ok except 1 that gets turned off.
Then I render the same frame again and some other light might turn off. And I make no changes to the scene...

Anyone has noticed this same problem?
My scene is quite big, with many lights.

- U

csfalcao
10-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Are you raytracing or shadow mapping the spotlighs? Fprime is not full compatible with shadow mapped lights. Try to swith to RT, if it is the case. If you need soft shadows, use the spinning light trick.

Ultimatum
10-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Only raytraced.

And the shadows are not the problem, but the light itself...

IC12
10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes I get this with fprime, in preview and render.

Sometimes it's just a matter of saving, shutting down LW and Hub and starting it up again.

otacon
11-01-2008, 07:08 PM
It's very annoying. It also happeneds with area lights. The worst is when you split up an animation on seperate computers and some of them render the lights and some dont...

Imshadi
11-14-2008, 02:50 AM
It has to do with Fprime getting confused with many lights (or many objects) having the same name.

This stopped happening in LW9.5. For older versions I reccommend renaming the lights so that instead of Spot(1), Spot(2), you have Spot01, Spot02. As long as the numbers are not lightwave's auto numbering, the names will actually be different for each item and Fprime will be able to see them.

Sorry to answer so late.

Ultimatum
11-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks, I will try that. I hope it works! :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2008, 08:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.