PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Mech hangar

CaptCunning
06-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Well this is my first image in the finished gallery. Looking at some of the mouth watering texturing that's in this gallery I wasn't sure I wanted to post this, but what the heck.. As for texturing, I didn't really think that this scene would have benefited all that much on having more textures, the lighting was more important. Takes forever to suss out his lighting stuff. 2 hours 30 minutes per frame.

http://www.genero.no/Dyret/scn020_post.jpg

Shoot

Otos
06-11-2003, 11:42 AM
looks good,
lighting is fine

but im missing some textures, really...

CaptCunning
06-11-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm missing textures too. Too late now ;) I just realised however that this is not my final render. this one has no DOF. Now I know DOF can make stuff look small, but with a shot like this I think it needs an ever so slight DOF, because the walker nearest to the camera is so much closer than everything else. I'll update the image later today... I'll put a metallic texture with some specularity on the walkers and see what it looks like..

CaptCunning
06-11-2003, 09:20 PM
There we go. Updated the image. Post work in AE and PS...

RedFish
06-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Looks pretty good, but I disagrea, I think that it could benifit a lot from better texturing. But good job

CaptCunning
06-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Funny thing, that even though I started the thread by saying I wasn't gonna texture it, that is all people comment on (here and other forums). Which means I might just have to get started on some textures...

Katss
06-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Yes it's never enough. The modeling's cool,but textures will be even better,duh no kidding.;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.