PDA

View Full Version : japanese ideographs

apocalypseneon
06-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi to all, CG Gods!
I' m a poor newbie of Cg that needs to be lighted.
I have to paint japanese ideographs.
How can I do it?
I would prefer no to use bezier lines.
I know there are imes, i have dowloaded ms ime, but reading documentation i've found that it works only with Outlook and Word.
Can anybody help me?
I use gimp and photoshop, win98 and red hat 7.3.
Thx to all for answers and patience, and for my bad english ;)

klingspor
06-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Well, since Kanjis (that's what they're called) look best when painted, you might want to actually paint them using the brushes in Photoshop - if you don't need too many, that is.

Otherwise I know it's possible to set up Japanese language input on Windows 2000 and XP - it works perfectly for me anyway, in Word as well as Photoshop. This should work with IME in Win98 too, I'm pretty sure, at least I see no reason why it shouldn't.

While I was in Japan, I used NJStar Communicator (http://www.njstar.com/communicator/), since IME wasn't available yet. I believe they have a trial version of their VERY capable software... it should be easier to setup, too.

apocalypseneon
06-16-2003, 09:21 AM
THX!!!
One thing only: you speak about kanji, but it's the same thing for katakana, katabunia, I suppose?!

klingspor
06-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Sure, kana-entry works the same way - just change the setting in the language-bar!
What are you using now btw, NJStar or the regular IME?

apocalypseneon
06-20-2003, 05:29 PM
For the moment I' m testing MsIme, I've found the complete set of kanji, 1.4 megs argh!, and I' m looking for katakana.
This is an ugly period, because Mondaty summer sessions of exams starts, and I have to study and I have not much time to experiment....;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.