PDA

View Full Version : looking for recomandation about animation courses at school of visual(NY) and NYU

Judeani
10-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi.

I wounded to know more about the quality of professinal courses in animation at School of visual arts (NY) its short courses for one term once week.they run as well MFA program in computer Art that part of him his animation courses.
I be happy to heard as well about Art center in Pasidina -California and Cal Art.not for BA or foundation for MFA or short proffesinal courses

to be clear i have background of B.A. in in fine art for 3 years and as well B.A in film and Tv
and i did few art exhibion(as artists-painter &Photographer) and few short fiction film (not animation) and i develop now feature film and animation film.
i just jump to animation world 2 years ago and i did few animation softword program courses-maya,after effects.maya,photoshop but it was very basic .
I looking more to develop my skill in concept Art animation and developing characters animation and as well to know all the spectum of visual effect and 2D and 3D and clasic
but my plans its more to create project and Direct them then be a maya oprators or other program,
and i be happy to heard about program or short courses will be fit to these needs in NEw york area or LA area. short courses or part time program.

Thanks

Jude

nhil
10-24-2008, 05:14 PM
For what it's worth, I guess I can give a little advice. I went to SVA for an MFA, and I was very dissapointed. This was in 2003, so things may have changed, but I doubt that the school's philosophy has changed at all, which is really the issue.

If I had to do it again, I would go to CA, Ringling, Animation Mentor, DAVE school, or just buy $2000 of manuals and books and read every night. You get into the industry with what you can do, and how you present yourself, and who you know. It's not fair, but that's the way it is.

SVA (the MASTERS program) only really cares about money, which is their right. They hire teachers on the cheap, and try to fill as many seats as possible. The only reason that I learned a lot was because I was very assertive, and looked outside the school for real training.

Sorry for the downer, dude.

Much luck,
nhil

Judeani
10-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for your honest answer.
From the catalogue of them its sound me like this bbecause they rin so many short courses.
but i saw recently list of the top 20 Animation school in the world and school of visual arts was number 15 and sound strange after your describtion.
Do you know other place y can recomend in NY area the 2 place y recomended its in Florida and i looking in new york or LA and animation mentor is one line school and too expensive .
Do you know a bit the Animation program in NYU (in continue professional education or other place it can be short courses as well and not degree program.
I prefer to move to New York but if i go to LA gnomon school
have as well short courses how i got ther more familiar with all visual effects 3D
and technical program (as i catch my self iam more concept artist and develop charecters and director not so well as oprator 3d or extra its important to learn but its not my area) but is this school good as well in these area i intersted concept and develop charecters as well.

other question in MFA in UCla they runing some Animation courses do you have any recomeded about them.
i am nearly finish my feature script and looks for film company in LA or NY its the main reason i dont want study in other place.
you welcome to watch my animatic pilot (the real movie will not be animation but i have some animation projects in my mind)
http://www.j-talmor.com/framemovies.htm

Thanks

JUde
www.j-talmor.com (http://www.j-talmor.com)

Judeani
10-24-2008, 06:44 PM
as cotinue from my last post

Do y know some good book in concept art animation and Develop characters (nor computer program book).
book that will give y skill about these area.

Thanks

Jude

Judeani
10-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi

I wounded where i can study animaion or short courses for concept art animation in NY area or LOs Angeles area
I have already BA in Fine Art and in Film and i know basic few program like photoshop maya and after effects but i am more facinate about the create the concept art (2D and 3D comuter and by drawing)and the enviroment and develop the character by drawing by hand or computer but i am not want to much spend for softward program to be oprator of maya or other program.
I as not intersetd for 4 years program (I already have B.A. in find art and in Film)i looking or for graduate program or certificate program or short courses can be in New york area or LA area or on line or recomnded of good book or DVD

IS Animation mentor as i got more focus to be oprator of 3D is corect?

Thanks

Jude

Rebeccak
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey there, please stop posting the same thread here repeatedly.

Judeani
10-26-2008, 07:59 PM
[I corectt my question. Last thread was more genral about animation study and now i was more focus on concept art.

Any way sorry

All the best

Jude

AnimationMentor
10-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi Jude,
Animation Mentor is an online school and has an 18 month program that is specifically focused on character animation. You will use Maya in our program. Please visit our site at www.animationmentor.com or call an admissions advisor at 1-510-450-7200 to find out more about us.

Thanks!

Animation Mentor

Judeani
10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi.
Thanks for y replay .
i been in your web few days ago its look great school but as you mention its more focus on characters animation and maya ,and i more looking be concept artist .

Thanks

JUde

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.