PDA

View Full Version : Rigging for armor clothing character?

LiChih
10-24-2008, 05:23 AM
Hey guys,

Im currently in the processes in rigging a character with a lot of armor pieces. I was wondering what should I do when it comes to a piece of armor of the side of the waist that moves by gravity and the movement of character? Should I just Rig that particular area and animate as so or there is other ways in dealing with character with hanging armor pieces?

I just realize that after rigging so many unclothed model and animal that, im not so sure about rigging a character with extra pieces swinging around as they walk.

Another example, Like a wedding dress. what kind of rig set up would it take to get that natural motion of the skirt moving?

stewartjones
10-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Maya nCloth?

SeanC
10-24-2008, 01:09 PM
well it depends on the look you are going for. to simulate a skirt moving and flowing, you would use ncloth, or some other cloth simulation plug-in..

it sounds like you want to use dynamics, heres a few things you can try/research
active rigid bodies
dynamic joint chains
ncloth

assuming the armor will not deform, i would suggest active rigid bodies.

if it does need to deform, first try dynamic joint chains because they are less expensive, then if you still can't get anything you like, try nCloth...

no dynamics? expressions that would limit the movements and try to always hang down.

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2008, 01:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.