PDA

View Full Version : match colors in PS and Painter

Hamilcar
10-24-2008, 05:35 AM
I want the colors displayed to match in PS and painter. I created a color profile using Monaco EZcolor but I'm not sure if PS is using it. If The document is created in Painter and saved as psd does it have the wrong color profile embedded? I told PS to not color manage and the result was much better but still not a perfect match. If someone could give me some help on what the best settings to use in the "Color Settings" dialoge box, that would be great thanks.

Cheers

joeparis
10-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Hamilcar,

I found this information from John Derry, one of the pioneers of Painter, very helpful. I was having colour issues when transferring from Painter to Photoshop and back again until I applied John's settings.

http://homepage.mac.com/pixlart/.Public/PDFs/Consistent%20Color.pdf

Hamilcar
10-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Thanks Joe,

That was very helpful to see all his settings in both PS and Painter.

Ok now the bad news the colors still do not match. It's a fairly obvious difference even to an untrained eye. I have both apps open on the same monitor side by side, colors look richer in painter and more vibrant in PS. Any other tips on how to fix this? I tried playing with the desaturate option in PS but that's not it.

Thanks any more help would be greatly appreciated.

kraal
10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
i would like to just ask simply did you do it right. if you can post a screen shop of your painter color managment i would like to see how you had that set up cause I had the same issue till i actually watch jeremy sutton's dvd and now mine match perfectly

CGTalk Moderation
10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.