PDA

View Full Version : Revised Character: Turtle

ThunderTurtle
06-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Here's an update of my turtle image that was featured on the CGtalk front page last october or so. I was hoping to get it revised in time to submit to Expose, but i've got several other projects and a demo reel in the works so I just ran out of time.

The original image was done in Max 4 using the beta version of Brazil. I've since upgraded to Max 5 so I went ahead and redid some of the textures and the lighting setup. It is now using light-tracer/skylight and a few omni's to help on the highlights. Any comments and crit. are welcome. It may get further revised for my portfolio but i've got a few other models that will be finished first.

http://travisg.soniccommerce.com/turtleupdate.jpg

-Travis

Pufferfish
06-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Cool, this is nice. Very realistic.

My friend has a turtle like that and now that I see it in 3D I only can say .. WOW. Materials are just perfect, did you do all materials by yourself? I mean did you took photos or are they drawings?

Great work!

Otos
06-11-2003, 08:57 AM
looks very good,
only thing what i can mention is
that the specular on his shield isnt right.

I think it would be better if you model
his shield with more detail...

ThunderTurtle
06-12-2003, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the reply's.

Pufferfish: Texturing in a combination of photo source and photoshop. For example, the base ground texture is from a photo, but then I added the cracks, water spots, dirt, exc. in photoshop.

-Travis

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.