PDA

View Full Version : Animation problems 3Ds Max

KaSpo
10-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Hallo there. I have to work in 3Ds Max 9.

By a company I was asked to create an animation of a biped character. The figure has all physics and skin in the right setting already and works fine.

The storyboard is the following:
The man moonwalks in stops in the middle of the screen and makes a presentating pose while in the background the company logo appears. A sounds is played and ends abruptly and the man turns around to the logo.
He notices that it is written wrong and goes there to take on letter, throw it into the air and the letter comes down and jumps into the right position.
The man makes a "one moment please" pose and pushes the logo away (just with his arms, the body stays at the place). The logo disappears and the man now walks normally to the other side of the screen (left side) and makes some poses to present the logo which returns with the right melody.

Now the problem:
First I wanted to create footsteps and save them to use them in the "motion flow" later. The problem is, that I can't save any motions, because my Max always dies when I save as .bip. I yet tried to find bip that may work, but none were satisfying.

To move on I am not completely which other techniques would be good to combine here.

I hope you can help me. Thanks for your time.

SandeepMaithani
10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
make sure you have all the service packs installed for max9....try converting your footsteps animation to keyframe...and then save it as a bip file.
cheers
sandy

switchblade327
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
....try converting your footsteps animation to keyframe...and then save it as a bip file.
cheers
sandy

That'd be my suggestion too. Footsteps are junk.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.