PDA

View Full Version : Storyboards - Discussion

Kirt
06-10-2003, 11:04 PM
First a disclaimer MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! The storyboard link below will (eventually) show all of the planned plot points, gags, and elements of this sci-fi comedy. Therefore, if you are not a part of the project team I would highly recommend NOT viewing them. It will ruin the whole thing for you and you may not find the short to be humorous at all when it is finally released. View at your own risk of future dissapointment.

This link goes to the first page of the storyboards (http://www.kirtstanke.com/alienz/board0001.htm)

OK folks, I'm making some progress.

Behind the scenes, here's what's been going on with these things: Not a whole lot or less than I had wanted up until this point. I had started on this intro sequence, but the character development was really flat and I was at a loss for a new idea. Other problems hampering these being finished ... work, work, lack of sleep, work, etc.

Also a few elements of the story are still being developed which made continuing with certain parts of the storyboards difficult. I'll say that the original storyboards that I have for this are really just a rough outline (with pictures) that I did overnight while attending school. Therefore some parts need some additional work or thought to make them polished and ... actually funny.

But you really don't want excuses do you? I hate giving them. :argh:

So, I decided to create a specific thread where you can actually harrass me to continue to work on them and provide helpful C&C on what's good and not so good so far. This should keep me going ... :bounce:

Now ... on with the discussion.

unLevel
06-10-2003, 11:19 PM
*harasses Kirt to continue work on them*

good job!? /me likes!

BlueCougar
06-10-2003, 11:33 PM
I can see it and I like it Keep rolling on....

Kenn

Rotamus
06-11-2003, 08:03 AM
lol at sugar coated NURB spheres cant wait to see some1 make the box for it

keep it up kirt :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aearon
06-11-2003, 01:02 PM
i like it a lot so far :thumbsup:

no worries!

I'll refine the parts of the ship that can be seen in close-ups and start modeling some little props pretty soon :beer:

koinu
06-12-2003, 06:09 AM
WOOHOO KIRT IS ALIVE:surprised I'l be up and running now that this nasty flu has run away from me.... Keep up the great word Kirt and GANG..:wavey:

ilasolomon
06-14-2003, 08:59 AM
[freddie mercury sound] I WANT IT ALL! ... [/freddie mercury sound] :D

CuTnPaste
06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I can anim the Alien#1 in the cockpit following the story!!!!!!

GREat!

THE PROJECT ROCKS

:buttrock:

CUTNPASTE

Milho
06-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Add some more tweens and you got a high quality disney motion picture....your work is scary good, the board shows much atmosphere, can't wait to see more :bounce:

Stephen Vyas
06-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Along with the style of the characters and a goal to obtain a "Chuck Jones" style animation, it looks very promising!
Think I'll hang around in this forum a bit more :)
Good-luck guys!

Spacer
07-23-2003, 01:01 PM
hahaha, this is excellent, really funny, i laughed at the actual storyboards themselves more than anything. I'd really like to help you write this, probably not the actual plot, as i'm guessing you've already got that all down, but gags inside it i'd like to help you write :D
check my comic for my version of "teh funneh"

nottoshabi
07-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Hahahaha that was sweet I can wait for the rest of it.
Nice job Kirt.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.