PDA

View Full Version : help! on advanced twist controls (maya)

blackseraphim
10-22-2008, 08:01 AM
anyone have an idea or had an experience usin advanced twist controls in maya?
there are weird things happening in my setup, like for example, the rotation of the joints seems to be off to the controller, i've checked the orientaions, the up vectors and world objects seems to be ok but still i am having probles. any idea?
tnx in advance

MolemanSD7
10-22-2008, 02:59 PM
can you give us more information about how everything is currently setup, or what your ultimate goal is? Attack a file too if possible...

Coyote12
10-22-2008, 10:49 PM
If the local rotation axis is suddenly different after you create the spline ik that is due to the spine being curved, if the spine is verticle then no "pre-twist" will occur. The more cuved the spine the more severe the pre-twist occurs. This is a problem I have noticed in rigging and as a result it makes it hard to figure out the correct advanced twist settings. I'd have to see how you made the character or a copy of the file to really help you but I get the feeling this is what you are experiencing.

AVTPro
10-25-2008, 01:29 AM
I maybe incorrect, I'm new to Maya advanced rigging. It may have something to specifically to do with LRA of the controllers "up" axis not being the same as the bones LRA when the advanced twist control is applied. I think they flip, or mabye if you use controllers written in instead of cluster selection handles.

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2008, 01:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.