PDA

View Full Version : Drag selection and weight paint problems

NickCaligo42
10-22-2008, 06:52 AM
So. I'm doing a trial on both my laptop and my desktop. The laptop trial is working just fine. The desktop trial... less so. It runs faster thanks to beefier hardware, but at the following costs:

1 - The drag selection box keeps flickering. I wish I could give a screenshot or something, but I can't get it to stay onscreen for more than a moment. It still works, but I can't see it most of the time.

2 - When I go to paint weights I have a similar, worse issue. The model turns blue and I can't see the weights I'm painting. As long as I'm not working in the window in question it'll be normal, but the second I start interacting it turns blue and flickers between the real weight paint display and this horrible blue model.

You can see a screenshot of what I'm talking about here: www.lostsystem.com/images/MessedUp.jpg

I've tried doing a full uninstall/reinstall, I've tried updating my video card's drivers. Nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas about what's going on?

ubermensch76
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
seems like a graphics card issue..

NickCaligo42
10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Okay. SOMEHOW I fixed this. I had to:

Install the new GEForce 8-series drivers (already did that and rebooted by the time of my last post)
Install new drivers for BOTH my monitors
Flip-flop them both after the whole shpiel criss-crossed their displays
Reboot

I have NO IDEA why all of this worked, but it did.

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.